Office 365 allows you to work with many Microsoft applications from the web and offers cloud storage
July 15, 2020 UMail and Office 365 security upgrades — learn more
All current University of Utah students, staff, and faculty are eligible to use a University of Utah Office 365 account. Begin by logging in with uNID@umail.utah.edu and follow the instructions below.
Office 365 combines Microsoft Office applications and the cloud to create a more convenient, collaborative, and consistent work and file managing platform.
The University of Utah has partnered with Microsoft to provide free installation of Office 365 for all current students, staff and faculty.
Note: Outlook, Calendar and Skype for Business are NOT available in Office 365. Please continue to use those as you normally do through your UMail account.
If you have a managed computer, you will need your desktop support team to install it for you.
1. Go to o365cloud.utah.edu.
2. Click the large "LOGIN" button near the top right side of the page.
3. You will be directed to a "Sign in to Office 365" login page. Sign in with your uNID@umail.utah.edu and select Sign In.
4. You will then be redirected to an "Authentication Required" webpage or dialog box, depending on your operating system (OS) and browser. Enter enter your uNID and CIS password. You may be prompted to authenticate with Duo 2FA.
5. You will be directed to the Office 365 installation page. Select Install Now to install Office 365.
After installation and for future use, follow the first four steps listed above.
User Guides and How-to Documentation
UIT Knowledge Base:
Microsoft Get Started: