Office 365 allows you to work with common Microsoft applications from the web and offers cloud storage
All current University of Utah students, staff, and faculty are eligible to use a University of Utah Office 365 account. Begin by logging in with your uNID@umail.utah.edu email address and follow the instructions below.
Office 365 combines Microsoft Office applications and the cloud to create a convenient, collaborative, and consistent work and file management platform.
To begin using O365:
- Select the large "LOGIN" button near the top right side of this webpage.
- You will be directed to a "Sign in to Office 365" login page. Sign in with your uNID@umail.utah.edu and select Sign In.
- You will then be redirected to an "Authentication Required" webpage or dialog box, depending on your operating system (OS) and browser. Enter enter your uNID and CIS password. You may be prompted to authenticate with Duo 2FA.
- You will be directed to the Office 365 installation page. Select Install Now to install Office 365.
After installation and for future use, follow the first three steps listed above.
If you have a managed computer, you will need your desktop support team to install it for you.
- Latest versions of Microsoft applications
- Access files on any device
- Cloud access
- Simplified compliance
- Advanced IT controls
- 1 TB of Storage
Note: Staff and faculty cannot use Outlook, Calendar, Tasks and Skype for Business in Office 365. Staff and faculty should continue to access those applications through their UMail account.
User Guides and How-to Documentation
UIT Knowledge Base:
Microsoft Get Started: