Office 365 combines Microsoft Office applications and the cloud to create a more convenient, collaborative, and consistent work and file managing platform.
The University of Utah has partnered with Microsoft to provide free installation of Office 365 for all current students, staff and faculty.
Note: Outlook, Calendar and Skype for Business are NOT available in Office 365. Please continue to use those as you normally do through your UMail account.
If you have a managed computer, you will need your desktop support team to install it for you.
1. Go to o365cloud.utah.edu.
2. Click the large "LOGIN" button near the top right side of the page.
3. You will be directed to a "Sign in to Office 365" login page. Sign in with your uNID@umail.utah.edu and select Sign In.
4. You will then be redirected to an "Authentication Required" webpage or dialog box, depending on your operating system (OS) and browser. Enter enter your uNID and CIS password.
5. You will be directed to the Office 365 installation page. Select Install Now to install Office 365.
After installation and for future use, follow the first four steps listed above.
- Latest versions of Microsoft applications
- Access files on any device
- Cloud access
- Simplified compliance
- Advanced IT controls
- 1 TB of Storage
What you can use in office 365:
Note: You CANNOT use Outlook, Calendar, Tasks and Skype for Business in Office 365. You should continue to access those applications through your UMail account.
Below are recommended tutorials, videos and guides.
* Verify with Information Security Office firstname.lastname@example.org